11th ANNUAL FULLERTON INTERNATIONAL INVITATION TOURNAMENT A SUCCESS; SEREVI ALL-TOURNAMENT TEAM SELECTED
Fullerton, CA, March 16, 2015- More than one thousand rugby players and spectators beat the 90 degree weather in Southern California to attend the 11th Annual Fullerton International Invitational Tournament, Powered by Serevi. With teams from all over the nation and Canada, competition was tough, with it being nearly impossible to choose leaders of the pack during pool play. It came down to a battle of California’s best in the finals; Fallbrook Warriors clinched the boys division after beating San Diego Young Aztecs in sudden death, while Danville Lady Oaks beat out Pleasanton Cavaliers in the girls final.
Serevi staff began the process of selecting the All-Tournament team after careful consideration of speed, strength, stamina, and skills. Congratulations to the following players for your accomplishment of this high honor!
Boys High School Division
- Matthew May – Fallbrook Warriors: Matthew is a senior at Fallbrook High School and a third-year veteran of the team.
- Enrique Barreto – Fallbrook Warriors: Enrique is a senior at Fallbrook High School who has been playing for four years. He is well-versed at scrumhalf and flanker as well, and is a Southern California Griffin All-Star.
- Ryan Chandler – Abbotsford Rugby Club:
- Noah Anderson – Santa Monica Dolphins: Noah, 18, is a senior at Santa Monica High School. He has been playing rugby for seven years and was a Southern California Griffin All-Star. He will be attending Stanford in the fall, where he will be playing rugby.
- Abraham ‘Khan’ Flynn – Pleasanton Cavaliers: Khan, 17, is a senior at Amador Valley High School, is the captain of the Cavaliers. He has been playing rugby for six years and plans to play rugby in college in the fall.
- Austen Peronia – Fallbrook Warriors: Austin is a junior at Fallbrook High School. He is a virtually first-year player and one of only 3 juniors on Fallbrook’s squad of 24.
- Cormac Heaney – Santa Monica Dolphins (Most Valuable Player): Cormac, 17, has been playing rugby for eight years. A junior at Loyola High School of Los Angeles, he has been a Southern California Griffin All-Star, HSAA camp attendee, and was a member of the Stars and Stripes.
- Steven Branham – Fallbrook Warriors: Stephen is a senior at Fallbrook High School. He has been playing rugby for seven years and currently captains Fallbrook. Furthermore, he is a HSAA player.
- Josh Urbonas – San Diego Aztecs
- Evan Clark- Santa Monica Dolphins: Evan, 17, is a senior at Palisades Charter High School. He has been playing rugby for eight years and is is a Southern California Griffin All-Star.
- Landon Bennar – Fallbrook Warriors: Landon is a senior at Fallbrook High School. He has been playing rugby for three years and plays all positions in the back line.
- Isaac Raichart – San Diego Aztecs
- Jack Reynolds – Pleasanton Cavaliers: Jack, 17, is a junior at Dublin High School and has been playing rugby for more than seven years. He was selected to the NorCal All-Stars team twice.
- Omar Dhillon – Mother Lode Rugby
- Trevor Rainwater – Fallbrook Warriors: Trevor is a senior at Fallbrook High School. He has been playing rugby for five years.
Girls High School Division
- Isabelle “Izzy” Manu – Fullerton Lady Lions: Izzy, 16, is a senior at Troy High School. She began playing rugby at the age of eight years old. She was selected to the HSAA squad two years ago, was part of the DII All-Tournament Team in 2013, has been a member of the Southern California Griffin All-Stars for several years, and is a certified referee.
- Mckenzie Carson – Abottsford Rugby Club
- Kadeja White – Abbotsford Rugby Club
- Nicole Wantlin – Fullerton Lady Lions: Nicole, 14, is a freshman at Tesoro High School and the youngest member of the Serevi All-Tournament team. She has been playing rugby for three years and has been a member of the Southern California Griffins All-Stars since 2013.
- Emily Bauer – Abbotsford Rugby Club
- Danika Elias – Abbotsford Rugby Club
- Loren Roundtree – Pleasanton Cavaliers: Loren, 16, is a junior at Foothill High School.
- Michel Navarro – Fallbrook Warriors: Michel is a junior at Fallbrook High School. She competed in the Youth Olympics in Beijing in 2014, has been a member of the Southern California Griffins All-Stars, and competed with the GSHAA team at the Las Vegas Invitational.
- Autmata Hingano – Danville Lady Oaks: Autmata is a junior in high school. She played for the Women’s Junior All-American Team as well as the inaugural GHSAA team in Las Vegas last month.
- Autumn Garrett – Abbotsford Rugby Club
- Tanner Quinto – Fullerton Lady Lions: Tanner, 17, is a senior at Sonora High School and a second-year player. She plays virtually everywhere in the back line.
- Emily Roskopf – Pleasanton Cavaliers: Emily, 18, is a senior in high school and has been playing rugby for three years. She was selected to the GHSAA team and plans to continue her rugby career in college.
- Daisy Manoa – Danville Lady Oaks
- Lilly Durbin – Fallbrook Warriors: Lilly is a sophomore at Fallbrook High School. She is also a member of the Southern California Griffin All-Stars, as well as an inaugural member of the GSHAA team, which played at the Las Vegas Invitational last month, as well as a member of the Women’s Junior All-American team.
- Sisileti Hingano – Danville Lady Oaks(Most Valuable Player): Sisileti is a senior at California High School. She has played on several All-Star teams and played for the GHSAA in Las Vegas last month.
FINAL RESULTS OF THE 2015 FULLERTON RUGBY INTERNATIONAL INVITATIONAL, POWERED BY SEREVI
Boys Cup – Fallbrook
Runners Up – Young Aztecs
Girls Cup Final – Danville
Runners Up – Pleasanton
Boys Bowl – Mother Lode JV
Runners Up – Pleasanton
Girls Bowl – Fallbrook
Runners Up – Fullerton
Boys Plate – Santa Monica
Runners Up – South Bay
Girls Plate – Abbotsford
Runners Up – Salmon Arm
Boys Shield Final – Abbotsford
Runners Up – Desert Sands
Girls Shield Final – Dead Rabbits
Runners Up – Desert Sands